wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Ruger SR9 Recall

Ruger SR9 Recall
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: [General-Public]

For those of you that have this weapon like I do.

RUGER® SR9™ PRODUCT SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE
DO NOT USE YOUR RUGER SR9 PISTOL

We have determined that some Ruger SR9 pistols manufactured between October 2007 and April 2008 can, under certain conditions, fire if dropped with their manual safeties in the "off" or "fire" position. The pistols will not fire if the manual safety is in the "on" or "safe" position.

We will retrofit all Ruger SR9 pistols starting with serial number prefix “330” (330-xxxxx) with these new parts at no charge to our customers.

In order to ensure correct fitting, these new parts must be installed at our Ruger factory in Prescott, Arizona. We will remove the old parts and install the new group promptly, at no charge, and will return the pistol to you. The old parts will not be returned.

Step 1 - Contact us and provide your name, address, telephone number and SR9 serial number.
Provide your information by any of the following:
E-mail: SR9Recall at ruger.com
Fax: (928) 541-8873
Phone: SR9 Recall Hotline
1-800-784-3701
(available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT)

Step 2 - When we are ready to retrofit your SR9, we will send you a shipping label and shipping box with instructions so you can return your pistol to us FREE of charge.

Step 3 - We will install the new trigger group in your SR9 and return it to you FREE of charge. When we do, we also will send you a FREE extra magazine as a "thank you" for your patience and cooperation. We will make every effort to return your pistol within one week, so we will not ask you to send it to us until we are ready to receive it. We expect to begin sending shipping labels and boxes in mid-May.

Do not load or fire your pistol until it has been factory retrofitted with these new parts! If you must fire your pistol, be sure to keep the manual safety in the "on" or "safe" position except when you are actually firing.

Thank you,
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

http://ruger.com/SR9Recall/

--
"Were it so easy." - Arbiter
If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back. -Malcom Reynolds
You know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you know who's in ruttin command. ~Jayne Cobb

My AK47/MP5/P90 and frag/flash bangs are still okay right? No idea how i could play COD4 with out them

--
as long as i get to keep my rocket launcher....

--
url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Talanthys][/url]
cause those made duke nukem soooo much fun

--

Quote by Laver
My AK47/MP5/P90 and frag/flash bangs are still okay right? No idea how i could play COD4 with out them

M16A4 with Red Dot, Deep Impact/Double Tap and double Frags.

--

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.