wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Wrath of the Lich King box art! =D

Wrath of the Lich King box art! =D
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: None

I posted the cover art for the expansion in my blog. Thought some of you would like to know what it'll look like. And yes, there's been a delay. =P

http://www.ferarro.blogspot.com

Quote by Ferarro
I posted the cover art for the expansion in my blog. Thought some of you would like to know what it'll look like. And yes, there's been a delay. =P

Is this a world exclusive on Ferraro's blog?

Anyway, this is just more evidence that we inching closer and closer to the expansion.

You say in your blog that it got pushed back 4 months...do you know what the original target date was?
You say in your blog that it got pushed back 4 months...do you know what the original target date was?

yesterday

--

Quote by Warloff
Quote by Ferarro

Anyway, this is just more evidence that we inching closer and closer to the expansion.

There was never a specific target date per se, but it was supposed to be somewhere around the fourth fiscal quarter of '08. But due to art design issues, the entire process has been delayed four addition months.

And I've had the blog for a while. <3
Quote by Ferarro
Quote by Warloff
Quote by Ferarro

There was never a specific target date per se, but it was supposed to be somewhere around the fourth fiscal quarter of '08. But due to art design issues, the entire process has been delayed four addition months.

And I've had the blog for a while. <3

Interesting...

The fourth quarter is from July 1-September 30.

Four months from September 30 is January 30, 2009.

Which translates to summer of 2010, Blizzard time.
Quote by Ferarro

Ah shit. Well I got harry potter to wait for as well

--

Quote by Ferarro

My prediction is that WotLK is out before Christmas.
Quote by Warloff
Quote by Ferarro

if its out by xmas it will be buggy as hell
Quote by Itllcostya
Quote by Warloff
Quote by Ferarro

if its out by xmas it will be buggy as hell

How so? They've been working on it since before Burning Crusade was released...and it's in Alpha right now. Burning Crusade's Alpha began in August, and BC was released in January. WotLK is in alpha now in May, and could easily be out by December if it follows BC's trajectory.

BC has been out for a year and a half... it's still buggy as hell.

sixx

--
"[Sixx]... you just lack diplomacy." -Vujadae

Blizzards really good about taking their time on games. I like their 'when its ready' approach to game releases.

--
According to a Curse.com interview, when asked about Death Knight tanking and it's niche alongside Paladin, Druids and Warriors, Kaplan admitted they haven't even worked on a single raid boss yet.

Doesn't look like '08's gonna happen. =\
Quote by Locklear
Blizzards really good about taking their time on games. I like their 'when its ready' approach to game releases.

I totally agree. Remember that stars wars galaxies game! HAHA

--

I'll be at GenCon this year. I'll see what I can find out from the guys I know at Bliz. They previewed Lich King last year at GenCon and it looked pretty interesting. I just wonder how much of an audience they will lose if they delay the release schedule into 2009.

--
Quote by Whisperglade
I just wonder how much of an audience they will lose if they delay the release schedule into 2009.

Probably next to nothing. Burning Crusade missed the 2006 Holiday season by a full month and still managed to sell like crazy.

--
They'll have it "ready" to release 2 weeks after warhammer. Now grant it ready could easily be some of the end game raiding content is patched in. Just my idea on the matter, as a lot of people are buzzing on warhammer & the last thing Bliz wants is an exodus.

--

Quote by guy
They'll have it "ready" to release 2 weeks after warhammer. Now grant it ready could easily be some of the end game raiding content is patched in. Just my idea on the matter, as a lot of people are buzzing on warhammer & the last thing Bliz wants is an exodus.

The reviews being made by people in Warhammer's beta have been pretty dismal, I don't think Blizzard has that much to worry about.

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.