Popular Threads
BLIZZCON 2008 ANNOUNCED

BLIZZCON 2008 ANNOUNCED
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: [News]

BLIZZCON™ 2008 ANNOUNCED

Blizzard Entertainment® gaming convention returns to Anaheim Convention Center October 10–11

IRVINE, Calif. – May 12, 2008 – – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its third BlizzCon™ gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on October 10 and 11. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®'s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises. In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year's event has expanded from two convention halls to three.
"Whenever we've been able to meet and interact with Blizzard gamers from around the world, it's been a great experience for us," stated Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We're looking forward to seeing even more of our players at this year's BlizzCon and delivering another entertaining and informative event for them."

BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:

Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game
Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
A silent auction
More exciting activities to be announced
Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few weeks at a price of $100 USD per person. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website: www.blizzcon.com.

--

I want to go, but 100 bucks is a little much for whats listed there. Especially hotel room for some out of staters. Anyone been to one. Could this be a good guild get together?

--

Isa and I went to Blizzcon 07. A few obnoxious dorks aside, we had a great time, and did some of the other touristy stuff in the area (Disney, et al).

--
Quote by Locklear
Isa and I went to Blizzcon 07. A few obnoxious dorks aside, we had a great time, and did some of the other touristy stuff in the area (Disney, et al).

Did you dress up :-P?
Blizzcon was awesome. Disney was awesome. Breakfast at surrounding diners was amazing. The hotel was gorgeous. The little touristy shuttle buses were a treat on tired feet. The palm trees were beautiful. Universal Studios was awesome. Dinners were fabulous (lobster & cream sauce raviloi was a dream at a Disney resteraunt). I could go on and on. Lock planned out some really awesome places to scope out while we were there and we got to see some really terrific places.

I even won a raffle and won a free Killer NIC (network card) while I was in Blizzcon

The $100.00 ticket fee seems somewhat ridiculous for Blizzcon but if they have goodie bags like they had last year, half of your fee is in the bags. They put alot of stuff in there. Some of it's just garbage but some of it's pretty neat. And do yourself a favor if you go. Bring a backpack or something to carry your loot bag in! Don't put it down! People are like starving wolves when it comes to abandoned bags. If you get a goodie card (like one that gives you a Murloc costume- put it in your wallet so you won't lose it!) And bring good shoes!! I recommend Crocs if you're going to do alot of walking, they're very comfortable. The sandals I brought with me, killed my feet. The one part about the trip I regret was having crappy footwear for the first few days. *ouch, blisters suck*

Honestly, I had the most fabulous time. I would totally go back again, even having seen it once, but I really don't think it's in the cards this year. Maybe next year though.

Having been there and having seen quite a few groups of people from the same server hanging out late-night style at diners seemed pretty fun to me. Lock and I would be walking by a table or a group of people and hear them discussing WoW and we'd just smile. It was tons of fun The atmosphere to WoW friendly people was just cheerful and fun.

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Quote by Isadoriana
Blizzcon was awesome. Disney was awesome. Breakfast at surrounding diners was amazing. The hotel was gorgeous. The little touristy shuttle buses were a treat on tired feet. The palm trees were beautiful. Universal Studios was awesome. Dinners were fabulous (lobster & cream sauce raviloi was a dream at a Disney resteraunt). I could go on and on. Lock planned out some really awesome places to scope out while we were there and we got to see some really terrific places.

I even won a raffle and won a free Killer NIC (network card) while I was in Blizzcon

The $100.00 ticket fee seems somewhat ridiculous for Blizzcon but if they have goodie bags like they had last year, half of your fee is in the bags. They put alot of stuff in there. Some of it's just garbage but some of it's pretty neat. And do yourself a favor if you go. Bring a backpack or something to carry your loot bag in! Don't put it down! People are like starving wolves when it comes to abandoned bags. If you get a goodie card (like one that gives you a Murloc costume- put it in your wallet so you won't lose it!) And bring good shoes!! I recommend Crocs if you're going to do alot of walking, they're very comfortable. The sandals I brought with me, killed my feet. The one part about the trip I regret was having crappy footwear for the first few days. *ouch, blisters suck*

Honestly, I had the most fabulous time. I would totally go back again, even having seen it once, but I really don't think it's in the cards this year. Maybe next year though.

Having been there and having seen quite a few groups of people from the same server hanging out late-night style at diners seemed pretty fun to me. Lock and I would be walking by a table or a group of people and hear them discussing WoW and we'd just smile. It was tons of fun The atmosphere to WoW friendly people was just cheerful and fun.

Well I have until october to sort it all out..

--

I think that if you can go, find someone who will go with you and go I think you'll have fun.

Pictures I took from Blizzcon 2007: (for more check the blog post: http://www.dragonarmy.dkpsystem.com/blogs.php?blogid=14 )

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

www.twitter.com/peligrie
That last picture is a little silly.

--

haha. But it's the spirit rez chick. haha. It is silly but also funny that these random people decided to play dead for a picture lol. That's WoW for ya. Did you check out the other pictures? Some people had some really good costumes (and some didn't). The bloodelf chicks though, they were with Blizz and not there for the costume contest.

--

www.twitter.com/peligrie
i'm fuckin going! that's all there is too it...i'm fuckin going!

i was gonna go last year with my brother, but i had an emergency at work and he got shipped off to iraq, so that didn't work out. we're definitely going this year. AND i have a disneyland season pass, soooooo...

let me know who is goin

--

We should get dragon army tshirts & go lol.

--

Quote by Isadoriana
haha. But it's the spirit rez chick. haha. It is silly but also funny that these random people decided to play dead for a picture lol. That's WoW for ya. Did you check out the other pictures? Some people had some really good costumes (and some didn't). The bloodelf chicks though, they were with Blizz and not there for the costume contest.

I didnt see any blood elf chicks..

--

Quote by evesagarn

I didnt see any blood elf chicks..

http://www.dragonarmy.dkpsystem.com/blogs.php?blogid=14

3rd picture down from the top.

--

www.twitter.com/peligrie
Same girls... better pic...

--
"[Sixx]... you just lack diplomacy." -Vujadae

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.