8 Level 110 characters
0 Raiding Characters
322 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
27502 Total Posts
wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Dark Knight - Midnight Screening tonight!

Dark Knight - Midnight Screening tonight!
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: None

If you want to find out if Regal Cinemas is showing Dark Knight at midnight, here is a link:
http://www.regmovies.com/allknightlong/allknightlong.html

Other Theatres-
AMC Theatres:
http://www.moviewatcher.com/index.html

Fandango:
http://www.fandango.com/DarkKnight

Fans' frenzy builds for 'Dark Knight'
By TONY GONZALEZ, Star Tribune
Fasten your utility belts: The latest Batman film will be screening at midnight Thursday and into the wee hours all over town.

The show starts at midnight tonight, but Dan Miller of Bloomington reserved his tickets for "The Dark Knight" in April.

The 23-year-old fan's anticipation of the latest Batman sequel has been building for more than a year, thanks to a viral marketing campaign including teaser YouTube clips and fake "Gotham City" online newspapers. Miller will be in line tonight at the Great Clips IMAX in Apple Valley, one of 1,700 theaters nationwide to offer midnight showings of the film, starring Christian Bale as Batman and the late Heath Ledger as the Joker.

"I became immediately hooked on this film and everything about it as soon as I saw the first released image of the Joker," Miller said. "I don't think there's a way it can be a failure."

The unusually high number of midnight showings are just the beginning. "Dark Knight," scheduled so far to open in about 4,300 theaters, could break the record held by "Pirates of the Caribbean: At the World's End," which opened in 4,362 theaters in May 2007. Only about 15 films in history have opened in 4,000 or more venues.

Chad Hartigan, an analyst with California-based Exhibitor Relations, which tracks box office releases, said "Dark Knight" is on pace for the widest release ever. It will likely surpass "Batman Begins," which brought in more than $200 million at the domestic box office after a $49 million opening in June 2005.

Regal Cinemas Eagan 16 has added post-midnight screenings about every half hour through 6 a.m. Friday. The AMC theater chain has sold out half of its 20 area midnight screenings. More showtimes may be added, and AMC reports "unprecedented" sales for IMAX screens.

The Great Clips IMAX at the Minnesota Zoo is expecting a sellout weekend for its 580-seat theater, said Karin Snortland, theater director. The midnight show is sold out, and the recently added 3:15 a.m. option could follow suit.

"We're all abuzz here," Snortland said, noting that the theater had sold tickets to "The Dark Knight" further in advance than any other film to date.

Fans have eaten up, literally, a yearlong marketing campaign that has included tie-in pizzas from Domino's, disguised as "Gotham City Pizzeria," as well as phony YouTube campaign commercials and Comcast mini-movies and behind-the-scenes footage.

High interest also surrounds Ledger's performance as the Joker, following the 28-year-old star's accidental overdose death in January.

"Watching the trailers, I've just become a huge fan of [Ledger's] performance. And I haven't even seen it yet," said Barrett Goetz, 22, of Maplewood, who plans on arriving five hours before the midnight show to revel with other fans. He calls the Joker his favorite pop-entertainment villain.

At the online service Movietickets.com, "Dark Knight" has sold more than three times as many advance tickets as "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," and more than twice as many as "Spider-Man 3," at the same point in the sales cycle. At the competing site Fandango, "Dark Knight" grabbed 90 percent of sales in the last week and has sold out more than 700 shows nationwide. In a Fandango poll, 38 percent of ticket buyers said they intended to take some or all of Friday off from work to see the film.

"It'll be interesting to see if July 18 turns out to be 'Dark Friday' at offices," said Fandango spokesman Harry Medved. "We're expecting coffee sales to rise dramatically Friday."

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
I'm goin' tonight in Long beach. =D
I might try to go to The Block tonight and see this tonight. Probably won't though.
It was playing on 11 screens at my local theatre - 10 normal, 1 IMAX. The midnight and 3:00am shows were all sold out...

--
Holy. SHIT.

Best movie I've seen in a long time. Hands down.

--
Quote by Locklear
Holy. SHIT.

Best movie I've seen in a long time. Hands down.

Ditto

--
There's two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works. - Will Rogers
Yeah Heath Ledger certainly went down with a bang. His best film by far.

--

The lights dim, the theatre is packed- in fact so packed that you find yourself about 8 rows from the front, neck crooked and eyes trying to find the right focal point on the screen in front of you—but hell, that’s ok. You’re seeing The Dark Knight on opening weekend and you’re ready for some thrills (and if you haven’t…what are YOU waiting for??? go,go,go).

You sit through some previews…can they really show Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor again? It seems like it’s everywhere and in every movie preview these days…you just want the movie to start. Oh wait. A Terminator 4 teaser. Awesome. Looks like that could be fun. Bale’s in that too? No kidding. Busy guy. The Watchmen? Hm. Nice trailer. Looks like an impossible movie to follow from the looks of it, but it’s interesting enough to warrant a little bit of movie lust for a non-fan of the graphic novel. Make a point to take a peek at the YouTube trailer again when you get home. Check.

You look around. People look uneasy about sitting that close to the screen, they’d rather be in a back row somewhere, just like you would. You start to wonder what a theatre made all up of back-rows would look like since there’s no place like the back row when…

It begins, there’s a hush in the theatre and no one is criticizing the previews anymore because it’s starting. And you wait for the introduction to what you came to see. Let’s face it- some of you came because you were fans of the Batman Begins, or maybe you just like Christopher Nolan movies, but some of you came to see Heath Ledger in the role of his career, cut tragically short by his death in January. You want to see if he really has what it takes to pull off the Joker with style and class. You’re not really sure, but a part of you just hopes it’s as good as the yokels in the papers keep saying. You want to know for sure if he’s just that badass. You want to see for yourself if he can live up to what you want Joker to be like. Be honest. You don’t always believe what you read.

If you came because you’re a fan you will not be disappointed. If you’re some whiny girl, accompanying your boyfriend because you just couldn’t let him go to the movies with his friends by himself, so you just had to go even though you could care less? Or because you just had to see if you could recognize Heath in his makeup in his last role because he’s just that hot? Two words. Go home. You may not even like it and it’d be a waste on you anyway and you’ll just piss off the people around you when you say, “well there’s 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back.” Stay home. Really. Rent it if you must, but let us who would enjoy it not be tainted by your lack of awe.

Ok, so you’re getting the eye-candy that you came for. Heath delivers. Much like a dedicated pizza delivery boy promises to get the pizza to your house in 15 minutes but he shows up in 12 minutes instead. He just gets it DONE. But keep your eyes open. Look at that Harvey Dent go. You can actually root for this guy. Honestly, can you think of a better “Two-Face”? And Rachel Dawes. Ok, sure, it took maybe a second for you to believe in her after you found out Katie Holmes wasn’t coming back. It’s always a little bit of a difference when someone else takes up a role from the previous movie but…hell…you believe in here too. And she’s doing a better job of being believable than Holmes was. This is a woman that you believe that Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent would want to love. And oh hey…was that Anthony Michael Hall? Cool beans.

So you came just to see how well Joker can shake things up? Oh, my friends, you have no idea just how sugar sweet the movie you came to see is. It’s everything you could hope for in a movie like this and if you’re lucky, you get to see it in IMAX, and if you’re not, it’s all good. Because you’re grinning ear to ear and you can’t help but remember some of the best punch lines in the movie and smile…

“This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.”
“I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't have plans. I just do things.”
“I don't want to kill you. What would I do without you? “
“Why so… serious?”
“Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should be aware of?”
“Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
“We burned the forest.”
"Want to see a magic trick? I'll make this pencil dissapear!"

And now that the movie is over and you've added it to your "to buy" list when it comes out on DVD. You'll sit and wait until the 3rd movie is announced, for surely...there has to be a third one...

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Friend of mine sent this to me, funny stuff

Michael Bay's rejected The Dark Knight script -

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=947994%3ABlogPost%3A355506

--
Quote by Locklear
Friend of mine sent this to me, funny stuff

Michael Bay's rejected The Dark Knight script -

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=947994%3ABlogPost%3A355506

hahaha cue Back in Black.."slowly..slowly..now counter clockwise"

thats some funny stuff right there