8 Level 110 characters
0 Raiding Characters
322 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
27502 Total Posts
wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Blizzard will allow PVE to PVP transfers...

Blizzard will allow PVE to PVP transfers...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

Blizzard to Allow PvE to PvP Server Transfers

"As the state of the game has matured substantially since the inception of Paid Character Transfers, we will now be allowing PvE-to-PvP transfers..."

Originally Blizzard argued that players on PvE servers could more easily acquire equipment that would allow them an unfair advantage...

For the full story:
http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/09/blizzard-to-all.html

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Big surprise, blizzard is now willing to accept more of our money. Who would have thought that revenue was more important to blizzard than a balanced game? o wait...

--
(USER WAS AWESOME FOR THIS POST)

AFK: Attack, Fight, Kill! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way To Fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.
OOM: Out Of Mobs, go pull more.
"Being around you makes me feel nicer [by comparison]."
-Valaheea
"You can't use math to determine (your) spec." - Vomit of Ursin, on rogue class mechanics
I don't get it, how do realm transfers affect game balance?

--
Quote by Locklear
I don't get it, how do realm transfers affect game balance?

Mostly in the form of bored douchebags transferring to pvp realms after having spent the entirety of their leveling time on a safe pve realm in order to gank lowbies. I have two 70s on a pvp server, and I can tell you right now that people who think that being ganked during the leveling process doesn't set you back significantly in terms of time spent leveling are full of shit. Certain places are so bad that the only way to stop the ganker without a high level character or friend is to log off for an hour and hope they get bored. My horde characters milked the last "safe" zone, the barrens, till the mobs there turned gray, because grinding on green mobs was safer than dealing with the bwl geared dildos camping ashenvale and hillsbrad. People who didn't have to worry about being ganked while leveling have no right gank others who are leveling.

--
(USER WAS AWESOME FOR THIS POST)

AFK: Attack, Fight, Kill! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way To Fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.
OOM: Out Of Mobs, go pull more.
"Being around you makes me feel nicer [by comparison]."
-Valaheea
"You can't use math to determine (your) spec." - Vomit of Ursin, on rogue class mechanics

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.