8 Level 110 characters
0 Raiding Characters
322 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
27502 Total Posts
wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Paid Character customization on the way...

Paid Character customization on the way...
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

Speaking at BlizzCon 2008, World of Warcraft's lead producer Jay Allen Brack, announced that a paid character customization feature is on the way.

Source :http://play.tm/news/21809/world-of-warcraft-customise-this/

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
more news on it...

More ActiBlizzard payment news
Monday, 13 Oct 2008 11:43

World of Warcraft will definitely be having some form of micro-transaction going on in the near future An unofficial fan website for World of Warcraft has revealed that, at a press conference at BlizzCon 08, an ActiBlizzard representative said 'paid character customisation' would be included in the game at some point in the future.

This means that players will be able to make a 'micro-transaction' to unlock various 'premium' items and clothing for their characters.

We presume this is how it will work, as Worldofwar.net says that the only concrete information that has come out of ActiBlizzard is that 'paid character customisation' will definitely be happening.

In other World of Warcraft news, Worldofwar.net has quoted Jeffrey Kaplan (WoW's lead designer) as saying the game's storyline will move forward considerably in the coming months, with three content patches coming out.

Earlier today it emerged that ActiBlizzard were considering 'monetising' Battle.Net, potentially charging for a service that is currently free, although nobody knows exactly what the aforementioned hideous execu-speak word actually means in this context.

Source :http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/more-actiblizzard-payment-news-$1244587.htm

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

www.twitter.com/peligrie
I knew this would happen with the merger, lets see how much more money they can squeeze out of us.

--
I´ve had my frustrations about the pains of daily life
I´ve tasted degradation and found the lace and candle light
But we have the weights we have the measures of our days and nights
I´ve had my frustrations but now I´ve found my place

And you will make it
But only if you run

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Looks like it's still "on the way":

Eurogamer has posted a new interview with Blizzard Entertainment's Paul Sams and Lee Sparks. The conversation covers the topic of paid character customization for the company's popular MMO, World of Warcraft. When added to the game players will be able to pay a small fee to change specific aspects of their characters not currently available for modification.

"When you create your character, often times you wish you'd done things differently. You wish you were on a different realm, you wish you'd had a different name or you wish you'd chosen a different look and feel to your character. "This is a way for [players] to be able to do that, but it's something that's taking a lot of time and energy for us to be able to put in place. We also think that it's important to have some consistency in the game, we don't want people changing their look and feel every day," Sams said.

Wrath of the Lich King allows players to change characters' hairstyles, jewellery and other superficial details in barbershops for a small in-game currency charge. It seems that the new feature will allow more fundamental changes - facial features, skin colour, perhaps even gender or race - although Sams and Sparks didn't discuss specific options. We asked whether the feature was more about making changes to decisions made in the past than adding additional options, and associate producer Lee Sparks said that it was.

"Yeah, and I think the reason for the monetary expense is more of a barrier so that people don't do it every day," Sparks said. "We want to give you the ability to do this, but we don't want you to do it all the time time. The same thing goes for paid character transfer, we don't want people bouncing back and forth."

Source:
http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=17192

--

www.twitter.com/peligrie

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.