wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Congrats Exia

Congrats Exia
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: None

Congrats Exia for getting the Baron mount from Strat UD.

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Grats Exia
Gratz Exia.

Not to rain on the parade, but... (page 5, post 2... blue post)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11675537865&sid=1&pageNo=5

--
"[Sixx]... you just lack diplomacy." -Vujadae

Grats Exia.

yea i think we all know that sixx, it has been a big reason why people have upped their farming of that horse.

--
"Were it so easy." - Arbiter
If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back. -Malcom Reynolds
You know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you know who's in ruttin command. ~Jayne Cobb

I'd like one myself. Under whatever circumstance it drops from the Baron Workkkss for mee

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Funny to read a few of the MANNNNNNNYYYYYYY posts responding to the blue one. Most people don't seem to understand statistics.

Short lesson.

Confidence level is the probability of having the desired result as related to the standard deviation.

If you kill the baron 100 times under the new drop rate you would have a 68.27% confidence level of seeing it at least once.

If you kill the baron 200 times you would increase the confidence level of seeing the mount drop at least once to 95.45%

Under the old drop rate of 1/5000, killing him 5,000 times you would only be at the 68.26% confidence level.

Personally I've killed him several hundred times, 74 to get tiddly's dungeon tier 0.5 Magister's LeggingsRefresh This Item, and never seen the mount drop; however, most of those events were under the old drop rate.

And that illustrates the confidence level right there the pants have a 9% drop rate or 1/11.1. I had to take that out nearly 7 standard deviations to see them drop once. Funny 3 runs later they dropped again.

& now we all know a little more about math

--

--
(USER WAS AWESOME FOR THIS POST)

AFK: Attack, Fight, Kill! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way To Fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.
OOM: Out Of Mobs, go pull more.
"Being around you makes me feel nicer [by comparison]."
-Valaheea
"You can't use math to determine (your) spec." - Vomit of Ursin, on rogue class mechanics
Dear someone able to cure diseases,

Please help me farm this.

Love,
Converge
lol CONVERGE

so the subtext for the pics above are - Thorin's Angels

--

Thanks Tidds! for making my head all hurty with all the numbers and stuff.. *cry*
I tried to be brief & plain. Having minored in stats in college, it's a little frustrating to see people get frustrated and emo about drop rates when they don't understand the stats behind them... oh well i guess my stats prof was right. "The only people that enjoy statistics are numbers perverts"

--

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.