wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
auctioneer

auctioneer
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: None

I just got thrown on ignore from someone running auctioneer after putting ?[item] in gchat for getting a average price to place something in AH. Complaint was spam from the person running the mod. My suggestion is that people that are annoyed by this function, disable it or not run the mod instead of ignoring everyone that takes advantage of its usefulness. I had not read anything saying not to do this in the rules. I also find it quite ironic i was ignored and accused of spamming by the person running the mod in the first place.

Just my 2 centz.

--
Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care. ----Teddy Roosevelt
I would also like to put in a complaint against those who put people on ignore for being Vegan.

We just to save the planet!!1!

--
That isn't in the rules, but people have been put on ignore for far less annoying things as that, I guess. I can see how linking items in /gchat could get annoying, especially if alot of people are doing it and it happens alot.

Just a question, does the mod work in reverse? If you got the mod for yourself could you just look up the item yourself instead of asking in /gchat? Or does it work only if someone is asking with those [item] tags in a chat format?

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
I myself have not seen anyone "spamming" gchat to use this or for anything else. I would imagine it would allow you to if you downloaded it for yourself. I have had the mod installed before, but I do not run it on my pc because I started having problems with it. I am all about ease of use and making things easier. This mod for some reason annoys the people running it. Let me know, and I will look up instructions on how to disable this portion of your mod and send them to you if this is applicable.

--
Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care. ----Teddy Roosevelt
I doubt I'm the person in question here because I haven't been on much today, but I will admit to being one of the people that has been /ignoring the spammers. Especially after the rude response I got from a few people when I voiced my opinion on the matter a few days ago. Disagreeing with me is one thing. Being so rude that I have to log for fear of blowing up on you is another entirely.

My issue isn't a lack of desire to help people. Quite the other way around. I do what I can when I'm available. It's the sheer laziness of people sitting in a city 10 feet from an AH that decide instead to spam guild chat and have someone else do their work for them. And yes, I have seen people spamming it. It's no different than sitting in Dalaran and asking what the daily Heroic is. Walk 10 feet that way and see for yourself. The rest of us don't play this game to be your personal information source.

And to answer your question, Isa, yes. If they took the time to download the mod, they could get the information themselves.

That is the general sentiment of the people who are doing the ignoring. There's our 2 cents.

--
"If what you're seeing is an open book...Thats great. Well, I'm an open book. But I'm real shy." ~Blue October, "The Answer"
I was there when you called people lazy for using it...other than people just jesting, I didnt see anything rude that was being said to you directly. I dont think you however still understand the use of the tool.

Yes, anyone can run into the ah and get a "going" price of an item, if there are any currently in the AH at that "time".

The response you get from auctioner is an average price over an extended period of time from the person that has been running the mod. Not only them but anyone else; therefore, you get a wider snapshot of worth and value for market value not just a current price of, if at all, whats in at the moment.

As far as the other..i didnt notice anyone harassing you...maybe was after i logged or something...but you cant expect people not to react after being called names either....imo

--
There are two options for those people "annoyed" by it that doesn't require you to remove it to stop the "spamming". Both of the options can be found if you look for them.

1) All whispers sent via the mod will not be copied on your chat screen for you to see.

2) Disable the ?(itemname) option completely and still run the mod.

For those still having problems then please let me know and I will further help you out. I love the mod and even provide further information most of the time when someone does an inquirer using it. Great post!

--

Nice & helpful options for the mod users and price seekers, Crazed

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
I find the ?[item] veru usefull say im not in a city 2 and my Auctionerr hasnt yet picked up that item ild link the ?[item] i only do it the once as the mod dose the rest i my self have neaver put anyone on ignore from a alto reply from the addon

if the person puts them on ignore for helping them ??? then i dont really no what to say to that but my fav quote "LOL"

but ya when used in the right way its very handy

--

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.