Dual Talent Spec Feature info

Dual Talent Spec Feature info
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

PTR 3.1 Dual Talent Spec Feature
Posted 24th Feb 2009 07:08 PM by Medievaldragon

For those who haven’t had access to the PTR 3.1, we got screenshots and video of the Dual Talent Spec Feature. (see link below) In order to benefit from this feature, you must go to a class trainer. The trainer now has a new option below the unlearn talents option. Select the Dual-spec option. You will be prompted to pay 1000 gold to learn this new feature.

Once done, you will automatically gain a new achievement. Open your Talent Tree window by pressing (N). Nothing changes within the Talent Tree Window, except now you see a second button tab on the top-right of the window. The first button is your primary talent spec. The button below is your secondary talent spec. Each has its own set of three talent trees and a glyph window. Each glyph window is associated with any of the specs. So you can have two sets of glyphs.

Assign points to your talent trees for your primary spec. Press the second button at the top-right to access the secondary spec window. You need to activate it before you can assign points. Press the large red button at the top titled: “Activate these talents”. You will see a spellbar casting “Activate Secondary Spec”. Your mana pool will be completely depleted. Now you can set talent points to any of your secondary spec’s three talent trees.

See screen-shots and video @ http://www.worldofwar.net/blog/comments/ptr-3.1-dual-talent-spec-feature/

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
While this will rock on my Shamie, I can't imagine using this on Yark. It's like "I'll have one spec set up for optimal Raid PvE performance and the other will.... ummm.... ahhh.... errrr....."

(but nice if you PvP I suspect)

--
Quote by yarkoon
While this will rock on my Shamie, I can't imagine using this on Yark. It's like "I'll have one spec set up for optimal Raid PvE performance and the other will.... ummm.... ahhh.... errrr....."

(but nice if you PvP I suspect)

If nothing else, you can set up different glyphs on the second talent tree. I almost considered going resto on both of my shaman's specs with different glyphs and slightly different talent choices (one for raid healing, and one for MT healing), but I already have a fairly impressive enhance set built up. For you I think though, your secondary tree should be destruction if it isn't your primary tree, because it will provide Replenishment next patch. Then again, so will frost mages, survival hunters, shadow priests, and ret pallies.

--
(USER WAS AWESOME FOR THIS POST)

AFK: Attack, Fight, Kill! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way To Fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.
OOM: Out Of Mobs, go pull more.
"Being around you makes me feel nicer [by comparison]."
-Valaheea
"You can't use math to determine (your) spec." - Vomit of Ursin, on rogue class mechanics
Quote by Truenos
...Then again, so will frost mages, survival hunters, shadow priests, and ret pallies.

Wouldn't it be easier to just buff base mana regen? This shit is ridiculous.

--
You and the Captain make it happen!

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.