8 Level 110 characters
0 Raiding Characters
322 Website/Forum Members
0 Posts in 24 hours
0 Posts in 7 days
27502 Total Posts
wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Computer problems...anyone know what is wrong?

Computer problems...anyone know what is wrong?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: [Off-Topic]

My laptop is a terrible Dell XPS gaming computer. Well apparently it can't keep up with the games I play. On two seperate games I get the same issue. While in game play the screen goes black and the computer shuts off. According to Blizzard I have the right requirements to play the game. Definately a computer problem. I just dont know what is causing it.

It might be overheating but then again I have a cooling pad and it keeps it somewhat cool for the most part. It could also be a RAM issue. At this point im just guessing. Anyone know what it might be?

--

Neelyohara

In all seriousness, it could be bad memory. If you're running vista run the memory diagnostic utility, or download a copy of memtest86 if you're not.

--
Quote by Locklear
Neelyohara

In all seriousness, it could be bad memory. If you're running vista run the memory diagnostic utility, or download a copy of memtest86 if you're not.

I ran the memory diagnostic but it said that my memory was fine. Hmm...I dont know what else to do. I was thinking it might be a processor error or maybe its just overheating with a cooling bad and a cool room. idk.

--

Was thinking a power issue or a power setting causing it to turn off, assuming you have it plugged in. Not sure, I don't mess with laptops much.

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.