Mod tracker - 'Curse Client'
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

Obtain and Track WoW Mods With the Curse Client
Erik Larkin
Jun 28, 2009 9:00 pm

If you beef up your World of Warcraft game with add-ons, the free Curse client can take a great deal of the frustration out of maintaining and updating them.

The app automatically scans your WoW add-on folder and determines which have available updates from the vast add-on library at Curse.com. It unfortunately can't maintain add-ons available from other sites, but the client allows you to click a button to quickly update any add-on it does know about.

You can also search for and install new add-ons from within the well-laid-out client, and open any given add-on's Web page or change log. With the free version of the client you'll have to update each add-on individually; a paid premium client allows for updating everything at once.

The Curse client can't cover all your add-ons, but it can make it much easier to handle the vast majority that are represented on Curse.com.

Note: For a beta version of the client available for Macs, head to the Curse download site.

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/165547/obtain_and_track_wow_mods_with_the_curse_client.html

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
kuy got me started on this...its very useful.

--
"Were it so easy." - Arbiter
If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back. -Malcom Reynolds
You know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you know who's in ruttin command. ~Jayne Cobb

y got me started on this...its very useful.

The client rocks. It makes patch days much more bearable.

--

------
Abit Ip35-Pro
E6750 @ 3.4MHz (Exp Index = 6.8)
OCZ Platinum 1GB x 4 @ 850MHz 5-5-5-15 (Exp Index = 7.0)
HD 4890 (Exp Index = 7.6)
150GB Velociraptor (Exp Index = 5.9)
Windows 7 Pro
It's good only quible i had was it had forgotten my loggin & I had to dig it up from the ether.

--

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.