Popular Threads
Mark of Shame

Mark of Shame
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: None

Hello Kitty: Thailand Mark of Shame

Although much of Asia enjoy the little cartoon kitty, Thailand police see “Hello Kitty” as a mark of shame. That is, now that they will have to wear a pink armband featuring “Hello Kitty” sitting on top of two hearts if they break any rules.

Thai police officers violating rules such as littering, being late to work, and parking violations will earn the chance to wear the Hello Kitty armband for one full day for all to see.

Apparently warnings and verbal communication have failed to keep the police officers in line, so the Crime Suppression Division in Bangkok decided to use humiliation as a way to force them to behave.

“(Hello) Kitty is a cute icon for young girls. It’s not something macho police officers want covering their biceps,” Pongpat said.

Just remember if you see an officer sporting one of these armbands, don’t tease or laugh at him. He is most likely a known rule breaker who is really pissed off.

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/08/06/hello-kitty-thailand-mark-of-shame/

--
"Were it so easy." - Arbiter
If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back. -Malcom Reynolds
You know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you know who's in ruttin command. ~Jayne Cobb

I want that Hello Kitty gun.

--

------
Abit Ip35-Pro
E6750 @ 3.4MHz (Exp Index = 6.8)
OCZ Platinum 1GB x 4 @ 850MHz 5-5-5-15 (Exp Index = 7.0)
HD 4890 (Exp Index = 7.6)
150GB Velociraptor (Exp Index = 5.9)
Windows 7 Pro
It's amazing but true....You can get a AR-15 Hello Kitty

Meeeeoooowwwww

--
Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care. ----Teddy Roosevelt
Wearing the Hello Kitty patch is much better than getting whacked by the cane aka caning.
Quote by karyzza
Wearing the Hello Kitty patch is much better than getting whacked by the cane aka caning.

But Kat, I thought you liked that.

--

------
Abit Ip35-Pro
E6750 @ 3.4MHz (Exp Index = 6.8)
OCZ Platinum 1GB x 4 @ 850MHz 5-5-5-15 (Exp Index = 7.0)
HD 4890 (Exp Index = 7.6)
150GB Velociraptor (Exp Index = 5.9)
Windows 7 Pro
I don't think that guy has biceps.

--

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.