Secondary: None

1 2 >>>
So whats your rig?
I will add pic later.

Quad core 6600
4gigs ddr2 800 gskill
150g raptor
20x dvd burner
gf 7900gs..(hope for a christmas upgrade to a gf 8800gt)

I do have a second rig just swapped from this one.
amd x2 4600
2 gigs ddr 3200
2 76g raptors raid 0
18x dvd burner
moved video card from that to new (6600gt in it now)

I know wow isnt resourse intensive...but i usually run 2 accounts at the same time.

Later...
Drood in training.
Quote by justalitlebad
So whats your rig?
I will add pic later.

Quad core 6600
4gigs ddr2 800 gskill
150g raptor
20x dvd burner

amd x2 4600
2 gigs ddr 3200
2 76g raptors raid 0
18x dvd burner

I know wow isnt resourse intensive...but i usually run 2 accounts at the same time.

Later...
Drood in training.

i wouldnt tell anyone that...dual boxing is a no no!!

as for me, i dont have a desktop. my rig:

HP Laptop, AMD TL-64x2
2gigs RAM
160gig hard drive
6600 GF graphix

--
url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Talanthys][/url]
Quote by Talanthys
Quote by justalitlebad
So whats your rig?
I will add pic later.

Quad core 6600
4gigs ddr2 800 gskill
150g raptor
20x dvd burner

amd x2 4600
2 gigs ddr 3200
2 76g raptors raid 0
18x dvd burner

Later...
Drood in training.

as for me, i dont have a desktop. my rig:

HP Laptop, AMD TL-64x2
2gigs RAM
160gig hard drive
6600 GF graphix

Really?? dual boxing is a nono?
I don't actually dual box when doing anything with the guild...its more to get my druid some free water or food and to power lvl my low lvl alts..
Can you splain...thanks for replying..

mmmmmmmmmmmmm dual boxing.... an no Laver is not talking about computers! mmmmmmmmmmmmm

--
Okay guys lets stop this thread now, cause you are looseing your man cards as we speak! When men talk about using TWO "BOX'S" at once he should not be talking about computers. I think its time Uncle Laver takes you to his basement and shows you his "Grown up Magazines" and "Grown up Videos" *sigh*

--
Quote by Laver
Okay guys lets stop this thread now, cause you are looseing your man cards as we speak! When men talk about using TWO "BOX'S" at once he should not be talking about computers. I think its time Uncle Laver takes you to his basement and shows you his "Grown up Magazines" and "Grown up Videos" *sigh*

Sorry I dual box to make leveling easier...either im running a low alt through instances for xp/monies/gear or im healing an alt for no downtime..When we were doing shet halls i had my mage fly in and drop off some water and food..

In actuality most of the time i actually just have both accounts running on one pc.
I think this guys got you beat.

2 People, 47 PCs, 46 WoW accounts.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=498

--
I like it- haha. Though I think it'd be very difficult for me to divide that much attention all over the place like that. I'd def try it out though- if the opportunity came up where I could

Here's the guy's "bio" (there's more that I didn't copy over on the site Lock linked):

*** I started boxing in 2001 in EverQuest. At first it was dual boxing, then triple, then quad, then I 6 boxed for a long time. My girlfriend began boxing and I decided to "kick it up a notch" and we began doing our own raids. In 2005 we started playing WoW.

You can almost see how we "progressed" along the way in the terms of the computers used. At first I started out with Shuttle PCs, then I added a bunch of QPack PCs and finally AOpen XPCs.

I went through alot of hardware along the way. At first it was X-Keys and KVMs, then I went with Cherry programmable keyboards and KVMs. I never felt the urge to go monitor crazy -- like many boxers I focused my attention on a single screen, had another monitor locked onto another character, and finally the 3rd monitor cycled through the KVM.

If you count the number of PCs, you'll get 47. My girlfriend controls 23 and I control 23. The other one is a server. All but 2 of those pcs are diskless. It got to the point that updating 46 pcs just took too long, the hard drives added to the electric bill and generated heat, so I found a good PXE solution that works great.

I could go on for days about boxing, software, hardware, etc etc. In the old days I used to post pics and do some story telling on my website, but then I started keeping a lower profile when I started doing my own raids. ***

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Quote by Talanthys

Whoever told me that dual boxing is a no no should go straight to H-E double hockey sticks.

--
url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Talanthys][/url]
Yeah that is definitely the site to go to for multi boxing - I was gonna ask fox to put it up (didnt know where it was).

That guy is awefully dedicated & probably pretty dang well off -

47 x 16 = $752 a month just for the wow fees

then theres fixed costs of the 46 "terminals" and one server, rest of the set up, he mentions monthly cost of electricity etc

easily an extra 10-12k a year (if you spread fixed costs over a few years life of a computer being good) & Laver calls us nerds. Ha!

Oh yeah & notice he found a girl just as much into it as he is (lucky bastard)

--

Quote by guy
Yeah that is definitely the site to go to for multi boxing - I was gonna ask fox to put it up (didnt know where it was).

That guy is awefully dedicated & probably pretty dang well off -

47 x 16 = $752 a month just for the wow fees

then theres fixed costs of the 46 "terminals" and one server, rest of the set up, he mentions monthly cost of electricity etc

easily an extra 10-12k a year (if you spread fixed costs over a few years life of a computer being good) & Laver calls us nerds. Ha!

Oh yeah & notice he found a girl just as much into it as he is (lucky bastard)

Yep lucky...but he must be well off. 2 people hooked on wow....nothing gets done at home...kids learn to feed themselves...wow that would be bad at my house..

well this thread definately went in a different direction.

Anyone want to post their computer info?? hehe
Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0
2 GB DDR2 800
2x 250GB Barracudas in RAID 1
640 MB 8800 GTS

--
Fox (my techie co-conspirator) & I looking to what step I'll take in the near future. I have a decent AMD AthlonXP something or other 2 yrs old w/ 2 gigs 3200 ram, 2 IDE HD's for 500GB total (the motherboard has SATA but it don't work lol) 2 DVDRW/CDRW drives, recent addition 23" LCD widescreen <--Freakin rocks. Of course parry had to go get a 24" 2 weeks later lol.

Upgrade to - possibly a Shuttle MB/powersupply unit. The portability looks pretty dang cool.

--

Core2Duo 6750 overclocked to 3.4Ghz
ATI 2900XT
2GB memory
Pair of 10k rpm Raptors in RAID0
All Watercooled
14" EGA monitor

--
I figured everyone else was posting theres... here is mine.

I am currently taking donations to upgrade to duct tape. *Hopes that will stop the rebooting issues*
Quote by yarkoon

14" EGA monitor

i'm ashamed at how much i laughed at this.

--
Quote by Locklear
Quote by yarkoon

14" EGA monitor

I was really hoping at least one person would notice...

--
Quote by yarkoon
Quote by Locklear
Quote by yarkoon

14" EGA monitor

sorry yark i noticed...but some people like small monitors..
Quote by justalitlebad
Quote by yarkoon
Quote by Locklear
Quote by yarkoon

14" EGA monitor

sorry yark i noticed...but some people like small monitors..

he is a gnome w/ a miata, i thought it fit

--

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.