wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Cataclysm- Helpful tips to get started in new content

Cataclysm- Helpful tips to get started in new content
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: [News]

OK- so you've just installed Cata and you might be a little behind everyone else getting started. These few things helped me get started and maybe they can help you if you've been away for a little bit and coming back to the game feelling "new".

If anyone has anything else- please feel free to help make a list.

• You need to get to SW to start the new content.
    You may have logged out of Dalaran whenever you last played. Dalaran now has NO ports to take you places. You need to get to Stormwind via boat. So you will need to fly to the nearest port that will take you "home". Whether that be Borean or the Fjord.

Don't forget to ask yourself if you should change your hearthstone! Dalaran is a bit...obsolete these days for a while.
  • While in SW-- you will need to go to the flightpath area-- there is a trainer there that will teach you how to fly in the old content for 250g.
  • Grab Archaeology from Harrison Jones aka: Harrison Ford (funny!) from the Library in Stormwind. You'll notice that Stormwind Keep has changed a little if you haven't been there in a while- but the Library is in the same place. Arch is a secondary skill like Cooking so you don't need to worry about dropping your first skills (Skinning, Tailoring, etc)
  • There are new quests in SW that you can pick up that will get you started. I picked up one to take me to Mt Hyjal. From what I understand there is a second one that takes you to a watery world- I have not been there yet.

Tip: If you leave Mt Hyjal after you've gone through the portal and took the FP-- you can't use the portal in SW anymore to get back. You'll have to go to Darnassus and fly to the location on your map. (as of 12/8/10)

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
^ These are a few things I learned from friends while playing that I didn't realize until they helped me out. This may help you to get on your feet too. Good luck and have a GREAT time in Cata! See you there!

-Isa

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Keep the tips coming...

I read http://wow.joystiq.com/
It helps...

--
Hrogi 80 Pally Ret Alch
Hrogii 80 Death Night UH Jewel
Gaandros 50 Hunter Eng
Hrogilok 50 Warlock Enchanter
HrogiWar 50 Warrior Black Smith

Quote by hrogi
Keep the tips coming...

I read http://wow.joystiq.com/
It helps...

One thing I found useful in the beta was to head to blackrock mountain and discover the new instance there first, theres a new path to the left on the walkway going to the BWL orb, follow it down and theres the instance, its one of the first you can do. Bosses are real simple.

--
New game rule. If you want to Que up for a dungen, you need to have been to it before...

So yes please fly to all Dungen ASAP.
Or have a warlock and friend do it and telaport you over... hahaha..

--
Hrogi 80 Pally Ret Alch
Hrogii 80 Death Night UH Jewel
Gaandros 50 Hunter Eng
Hrogilok 50 Warlock Enchanter
HrogiWar 50 Warrior Black Smith

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.