wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
World of Warcraft on Dell Laptop

World of Warcraft on Dell Laptop
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

We have teamed with the folks at Blizzard Entertainment to create a product that allows fans of World of Warcraft (WoW) to immerse themselves in the game. Our partnership started earlier this year in January when we auctioned off two custom WoW notebooks for charity. For this system, we wanted to go way beyond a custom appearance. How did the XPS team go about doing that? They started with the award-winning XPS M1730 and beefed up the minimum config. I'll start with the system itself, and will explain other things that come with every system a bit later.

Every system comes pre-loaded with the games themselves: World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade expansion pack. We'll also install all the major client patches for both games as well. We'll continue to test and ship future patches pre-installed as they are released by Blizzard. Dell's goal is to get you into the game with as little effort as possible. Beyond that, it has lots of World of Warcraft content, including original artwork desktop wallpapers and screen savers.

The Quest Envelope will come to you separate from the system via certified overnight mail. It contains the following:

*Golden Ticket - This provides you an opprortunity to get a customized figurine of your WoW character through FigurePrints. FigurePrints will access you character's data through Blizzard's servers to create a custom 3D figure of your character, complete with weapons and armor you can choose. Take a look at this video if you want to see what this is all about.

*Blizzard Beta Club Card - The code on the card registers you for Blizzard's Beta Club, which gives you access to five upcoming beta tests, starting with the Wrath of the Lich King.
Collector's Edition Account Upgrade Certificate - This allows you to upgrade your account to a collector's edition account, enabling you to get a special in-game pet.

*The WoW backpack is what comes in the Night Elf box. Here's the video where Randydeluxe unboxes the it. The backpack has the following things in it:

*WoW BattleChest: This contains the retail versions of World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade expansion pack. It also includes WarCraft III and The Frozen Throne expansion pack, and the strategy guides for both games.

*WoW Soundtrack
*Making of WoW Behind-the-scenes DVD
*WoW Trading Card starter decks: Heroes of Azeroth, Through the Dark Portal
*Book:WoW Strategy Guide from BradyGames
*Book: WoW The Burning Crusade Strategy Guide
*Book: Rise of the Horde
*Book: The Tides of Darkness

There's a whole lot more to this than the system hardware. Everyone who orders this system will get three things: a Quest Envelope, a WoW backpack full of stuff and the system itself. Before I explain those things in more detail, I'll introduce Randy "Randydeluxe" Jordan to you. He's one of the hosts from the popular WoW podcast called The Instance. We recently invited him to Round Rock for a first-ever unboxing of the system so you can see exactly what you're going to get. This video is almost 30 minutes long, but it's a complete overview of what to expect.

So, what makes it a gaming machine?

*It supports the latest Intel processors, including the Core 2 Extreme X7900 processor overclocked to 3.2GHz (Bin+2).
*It supports dual NVIDIA GeForce Go 8700M GT graphics cards in SLI mode.
*All models come with a bright 17" Ultrasharp 1920x1200 display with a 7ms response time.
*It's the first notebook in the world to support AGEIA PhysX 100M mobile physics card.
*It supports two hard drives in a RAID 0 or 1 configuration
*It's the first notebook we've shipped that integrates Logitech's GamePanel LCD, which displays stats and in-game details for a growing list of game titles.
*It also features a full-sized backlit keyboard that has a 10-key number pad

Source: http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/12/04/36984.aspx

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
The YouTube guy really could have been more entertaining and enlightened on the stuff actually in the box. He's a boob. I'm still drooling over the laptop anyway. So what if I don't need it? haha. I'm silly enough to want it anyway.

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

www.twitter.com/peligrie
OMG proof that nerds, tools and virgins make up 90% of WoW players is finally here. So if you get the LapTop does it come with free Wedgies for life, and endless ridicule from your peers that push you to the brink of Suicide?

--
Nope. You get a life time of free push-pins and tacks.

But I'm gadget-freak-WoW inspired enough to still want it I won't get it-- it's like $5,000 even without the "it could be better upgrades" but still. I liiike it.

--

www.twitter.com/peligrie
Quote by Laver
OMG proof that nerds, tools and virgins make up 90% of WoW players is finally here. So if you get the LapTop does it come with free Wedgies for life, and endless ridicule from your peers that push you to the brink of Suicide?

I guess that implies that the other 10% spend all their time lurking on YouTube and posting their 'findings' on forums?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

--
So i assume that you admit you fall into the 90% group!?!?!?!

--
Quote by Laver
So i assume that you admit you fall into the 90% group!?!?!?!

If it means that I don't fall into any group you're associated with, then sure, nerd/tool/virgin it is.

olololol.

--
Your just mad my group wouldn't give you our super secret decoder ring

--
Laver you couldnt keep up w/ a decoder ring - it'd either end up in the sink disposal or at the municipal landfill.

--

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.