iPhone World of Warcraft?
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

World of Warcraft on the iPhone?
06/15/08

It’s way possible now.

The technology that will eventually allow you to play Warcraft on your new iPhone is called Interactive 3D Streaming, being developed by Comverse and Intel, which takes out the CPU burden from the mobile device and just streams the good stuff to it.

The hurdle is that MMORPGs like WoW and Second Life require lots of horsepower and number crunching from the CPU and the graphics chips to do what they do. The new technology does all the heavy lifting on their backend server, and then just streams it to the gamer via WiMax or 3G via a gateway designed by Comverse. (Aren’t you glad iPhones do 3G now?)

Can’t wait.

Source: http://blogs.inquirer.net/macadoodle/2008/06/15/world-of-warcraft-on-the-iphone/

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
I have a 22" widescreen monitor... and I still have too much crap on my screen to properly see sometimes! How in the hell can you play on an iphone???

On the other hand... cool!

sixx

--
"[Sixx]... you just lack diplomacy." -Vujadae

You just have to have smmmaallll fingers and realllly good eyes. hehe.

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

www.twitter.com/peligrie
damn I am blind and my fingers are like Kilbasa Sausages.

--
Best Priest Noob in Town!!

Not exactly the same topic but close. A WoW background/skin for an iPhone.

--

www.twitter.com/peligrie
"No Officer i didnt realize i ran over 4 children at the crosswalk there was 2% left on Archimonde and I had to pop all my cooldowns. So if you could please lower the gun im about to bid on T6"

--

<--- has interesting in LK
Quote by Buttaknives
"No Officer i didnt realize i ran over 4 children at the crosswalk there was 2% left on Archimonde and I had to pop all my cooldowns. So if you could please lower the gun im about to bid on T6"

The only thing that would make that funnier is if the cop was like "Lol noob, the raid goes invulnerable when archi hits 10%. L2popcooldowns@25%."

--
(USER WAS AWESOME FOR THIS POST)

AFK: Attack, Fight, Kill! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way To Fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.
OOM: Out Of Mobs, go pull more.
"Being around you makes me feel nicer [by comparison]."
-Valaheea
"You can't use math to determine (your) spec." - Vomit of Ursin, on rogue class mechanics
Quote by Truenos

The only thing that would make that funnier is if the cop was like "Lol noob, the raid goes invulnerable when archi hits 10%. L2popcooldowns@25%."

--

<--- has interesting in LK

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.