Popular Threads
Dual talent specs.

Dual talent specs.
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: [Warcraft Web News]

Since isa couldnt get to the site

Blizzard has said that the ability for World of Warcraft players to switch between two concurrent character builds, or "talent specs", could arrive in the next major content update.

A Blizzard poster on the official forums said: "We hope to have this done for the next major content patch, but it's a big feature and takes some time."

In WOW, talents are a layer of character customisation that typically takes every character class down one of three paths. For instance, a Druid can be configured for healing, magical damage, or physical damage and tanking.

At present, you can only have one talent build at a time, and changing builds by reallocating all your talent points is time-consuming and expensive in in-game currency.

The new feature will allow players to create two builds to switch between. The post reveals that this will be possible away from cities as well as in them, but that this will be more difficult.

"It will be trivial to do in town. You will also be able to do it out of towns, but not as trivially," said the Blizzard poster.

It will also allow the player to switch between pre-set action bars and Glyphs (spell customisations) automatically when switching between specs.

It's a major change to WOW that will greatly increase the flexibility of all character classes, and make it much easier to compose balanced groups for taking on the game's dungeons.

Also coming in the next content patch will be a new raid dungeon for 10 or 25 players, called Ulduar. The post says it "will be more difficult" than the current raids, which have been criticised for not challenging the most dedicated raiding guilds.

Thanks!
This also:

by Adam Holisky

Ghostcrawler provided a bit of an update yesterday on the ETA of Dual Specs. He makes it clear that while they'd love to have them in patch 3.1 (which is when we'll see Ulduar and some other post Wrath), he doesn't want to say something and then not deliver â?? only to get players upset.

Dual specs are a feature that's very much looked forward to by many players, in particular tanks and healers. No longer will players have to spend horrendous amounts of gold just to enjoy both solo content and group content. The introduction of them will truly be game changing for many folks.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see dual specs appear in 3.1. The 3.0.4 PTR should be coming around shortly, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3.1 PTR shortly after the beginning of the new year. So maybe if I'm lucky around February or March next year I won't be spending 400g/week respecing.

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Depending on how this works, I'll prob go with Resto as my alter ego depending on raid/heroic needs. Get ready to die real fast...

--
* Crazy F N Bird *

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.