wingram is the last poster
Popular Threads
Respeccing DPS toons help

Respeccing DPS toons help
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General-Public]
Secondary: [Guild Only]

how is everyone enjoying the first few days?

I have not been on enough to even respec yet..

Looking for advice on DK DPS specs, Warlock lvl 50 ish, Hunter 50 ish, Warrior Tank 46 and Pally was DPS Ret... 80

--
Hrogi 80 Pally Ret Alch
Hrogii 80 Death Night UH Jewel
Gaandros 50 Hunter Eng
Hrogilok 50 Warlock Enchanter
HrogiWar 50 Warrior Black Smith

I think a bunch of people feel a bit lost or some are upset at the new changes. I've managed to respec my Elemental Shaman so far, and pick up some new things from my trainer but between the World Server going down and heading out to the gym, I didn't get much done myself last night.

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Thanks for the feed back...

I am sure it will be a few weeks if not months before things are sorted out.

I went over to ElistJerks site.
They have some data, I might use....

It is funny how in 1 patch the game is brand new for 12 million uses...

Sure we have been here for 5 years, but with changes like this, it makes the game feel new...

I like new at times, but re-learning at teh same time I am learning a new job sucks..

--
Hrogi 80 Pally Ret Alch
Gaandros 50 Hunter Eng

Don't feel like you have to rush though. I mean, there's time

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
As of this moment... everyone is OP.... but that was the same way before BC and WotLK came out.. It seems a lot easier to lvl lower toons based on the new focuses and of course warlocks getting Felgaurds at lvl 10 I think... other than that.. we sahll see how it all plays out and of course I am sure there are going to be 2 more talent rests before Cata

--
Best Priest Noob in Town!!

Good Deal.

Well I made a few chices and will see how they work out..

Sucks with work taking 80% of my time, I have ot gotten any play time yet.. But I m speccing a few toons and one day will test them out.

--
Hrogi 80 Pally Ret Alch
Gaandros 50 Hunter Eng

I use MAXDPS.com. they have some spec and rotation info for a few classes

--

I also looked at Maxdps.com and, while I think what it says about rotations makes sense, you also get the impression that you should regem everything for expertise, which would be a bad move. Once you get your expertise to around 26/26 it has little effect. Instead I regemmed my warrior using strength gems and then reforged everything for haste (if available) or mastery. As a result my AoE is the best that it's been.

I tried a similar tactic for my rogue (gemming for agility) and reforging for mastery with disappointing results. It's almost embarassing to raid with him.

I wish Rawr was available, but they've stated they won't update it until Cataclysm.
if you don't mind some reading - I still like elitistjerks.com

--
On maxdps if you let it look up your toon on wowarmory it will give you the correct gems to add. when it has no toon to compare it gives the best gems as if you are not at max stats.

--

Quote by Con
On maxdps if you let it look up your toon on wowarmory it will give you the correct gems to add. when it has no toon to compare it gives the best gems as if you are not at max stats.

Thanks, that seemed to work for my warrior but not for my rogue (i.e., it still shows mostly expertise gems). Has anyone else noticed that the WoW Armory seems broken/out-of-date? It still shows the gems I had when 4.0.1 first went live. Of course, that may explain why maxdps has problems.

I am sure there are tons of things still broken on all ends.

--
Hrogi 80 Pally Ret Alch
Gaandros 50 Hunter Eng

Still overly confused on stuff.

I am now waiting for Wow.com or Joystick.wow.com to redo there 101 guides for dummies like me...

Plus I had to send in the gamer laptop to get new fans, the bearing failed after 20 days....

But the back up laptop does play wow a bit...

If any one can answer this please do.

What are the new item to worry about for
Unholy DK like Strenght or what ever
Blood DK
Hunter DPS, not sure what spec is best for AOE damage
Warlock AOE damage

and help would be great...

--
Hrogi 80 Pally Ret Alch
Gaandros 50 Hunter Eng