Chinese gamer dies after three-day session

[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

'Exhaustion' most likely cause of death

A 30 year-old man has died in the south China province of Guangzhou after apparently playing an online game continuously for three days.

Reports in Beijing News said that the man suddenly collapsed and was rushed to hospital. Doctors were unable to revive him.

"Police have ruled out the possibility of suicide," the newspaper said, adding that "exhaustion" was the most likely cause of death.

The name of the internet café has not been released, nor the game that the Guangzhou resident was playing.

The 30 year-old is not the first to die after prolonged internet use. Earlier this year Xu Yan, a local teacher from Jinzhou in Liaoning province, collapsed after spending almost 15 days playing online games.

The Chinese government is taking an increasingly tough line on 'internet addiction', including boot camps to get people to use the internet less and the use of electrotherapy.

Iain Thomson, vnunet.com 17 Sep 2007

Source: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2198850/chinese-man-dies-three-days?vnu_lt=vnu_art_related_articles

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie

The Chinese government is taking an increasingly tough line on 'internet addiction', including boot camps to get people to use the internet less and the use of electrotherapy.

YAY! Lets cure addictions w/ shock therapy Too bad we live in a humane country lol. I once went 3 to 3.5 days straight on WoW just to see where my limit was but I have to say that that last day, i really wasn't "on my game." In fact, I fell asleep in ZG lol & woke up 15 mins later all alone w/ a dead bat boss in front of me, ran to the "raptor boss" in time to help finnish & logged. Then there were the 4 AM runs w/ Ilinka, Nugg, Sam, & Mindi or Aug... such fun. Now I usually end the day w/ a Sel run somewhere, I think we finally killed the trolls

--

I think my longest ever was about 50 hours...Ended with my blood sugar kinda crashing in the middle of a Kara run, and my raid leader telling me to log and go eat. I log back in about 45 minutes later and realise that I had won the roll for my staff, which I had failed to notice due to my blood sugar destroying my attention span. /sheepish grin

We're past the trolls, Tiddly....Its the Dwarves now. lol

--
"If what you're seeing is an open book...Thats great. Well, I'm an open book. But I'm real shy." ~Blue October, "The Answer"
I tend to fall over incoherent if i dont get at least 6 hours of sleep within a 24 hr period.

--
url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Talanthys][/url]
Good thing he didn't die playing World of Warcraft =).

-Christ

--
Did you see me lay down the law?
I AM THE LAWGIVER!
Quote by Christiansen
Good thing he didn't die playing World of Warcraft =).

-Christ

Farm me gold! You farm more gord o you no get sreepy sreepy j/k

I'll have to look somewhere i had a bookmark of a documentary a few fellers made while in the near east over gold farming sweat shoppes, not to be confused w/ gold farming sweet shops.

--

Gold farming sweat shops?

--
"If what you're seeing is an open book...Thats great. Well, I'm an open book. But I'm real shy." ~Blue October, "The Answer"

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.