[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [Warcraft Web News]
Secondary: None

WoW patch 3.2 update: quest objectives now marked on the map
Pamela Blalock
June 23, 8:25 PM

Last Update: 06/23 05/42 PM PDT
"User Interface" section expanded and updated.
"World Environment" section added.
"Death Knights" section updated

These changes bring more features that aid "the casuals" as some might say, but they're progressive changes nonetheless. For the user interface this means,

Quest creatures and objects will now show on the player’s world map.

-A skull graphic will be placed on the map in the general area where players can find creatures they must kill for a quest.

-A skull graphic with red eyes will be placed on the map in the general area where creatures can be found that must be killed in order to collect quest objects.

-A gear/cogwheel graphic will be placed on the map in the general area where players must loot quest objects found in the world.

-A chat bubble graphic will be placed on the map in the general area where players must interact with a specific NPC for a quest.

-A yellow question mark graphic will show on the map to provide the location of a NPC whose quest the player has completed.

There are many people currently relying on something like QuestHelper to do this now; perhaps this isn't much of a surprise. Rest assured there will be people on both sides of the fence about this one.

Source : http://www.examiner.com/x-5942-Oklahoma-City-MMORPG-Examiner~y2009m6d23-WoW-patch-32-update-quest-objectives-now-marked-on-the-map

--
"If we ever get a dog and cat, they should be named "Come-on" and "Goddammit", so that when you yell "Come on, Goddammit!" you'll be surrounded by their love." -Locklear (paraphrased)

"You navigate like a blind chick." -Locklear
www.twitter.com/peligrie
Another nail in WoW's coffin, weep not for the dead...

--
I´ve had my frustrations about the pains of daily life
I´ve tasted degradation and found the lace and candle light
But we have the weights we have the measures of our days and nights
I´ve had my frustrations but now I´ve found my place

And you will make it
But only if you run

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Well, addons like Quest Helper and Carbonite already have these features and more. I thought using Brian Kopp's guide was easy mode but with the latest quest addons, you dont have to think to do these quests.

I think this is more Blizzard's answer to the addons.

--

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.